Saturday, October 30, 2010

Get Picky's Inspiration Challenge #1

Today was the reveal of our first Inspiration challenge over at

 How absolutely delicious is this image :)  It takes me back to many happy childhood memories....... when I was a little girl, I would often get home from school and find a treat on my bed from Darrell Lea ...usually a little bottle of Bo Peep Lollies, but occasionally a lollipop :)  I smile still at the thought and even as an adult today, still have a weakness for sweet treats. hehehe

Here is my layout...
 I utilised lots of elements from the photo on my layout and while the stripey background and the bunting are obvious, I also used the overall colour scheme to guide my paper selection. I especially love those bright swirly lollipops, so I made my own by twirling a length of white muslin, which I then stuck in a spiral on a piece of circle card (I got this idea from a layout of Tan's). I also added the cloud and little picket fence to combine the outdoor theme of my photos and title.




Just on a little personal note...I wanted to say an enormous thanks to everyone for their wonderful support of our little blog!  When Tanya and I started working on this idea, we thought there was a need fro a multi-photo blog site, and hoped that people might feel the same, but did not ever dream that it would be so well received.  We really do appreciate the interest and support:)  It also helps that we have the most amazing, spectacularly talented design team too, our girls are just awesome!


Also want to extend a huge congrats to the very lovely Ebony van der Starre on winning our sketch layout and also our honourable mention layouts Isay and Colleen B....thanks for sharing your beautiful creations girls.  So if you didn't get a chance to play along in our sketch challenge, you've got  until the 13th of November to play along and create a layout based on the pic above! 


2 comments:

  1. Truly gorgeous Nik! I love your little story about the bottle of Bo peep lollies - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMO Nikki just adore that inspiration photo and I can so relate to those little bottles of lollies, my kids LOVE them.

    LOVE your sweet layout, the banner looks awesome and love the adorable photo and soft pretty papers you used!

    So glad your wonderful site is doing so well! It just may inspire me to make a layout instead of a card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a message.