Saturday, July 3, 2010

Creative Canvas

Look at what I've made.......
I have been wanting to dabble in some mixed media for ages, but haven't found myself with enough time to sit and play, and now that my Kaiser creating had come to an end, I find myself with some extra time!
I've made this using a 12x12 canvas.....I'm not sure if it's complete yet.  I think I might add some more layering to the flowers along the bottom....not sure.


I've gotta say..I think this might become a little addictive.  I created the background by mixing my water colours straight onto the canvas, until I got the colour variation I was looking for.  A little scary at first...but once I started blending the colours...I loved it!  I then splattered different colours and also glimmer misted the background.  Once that was day I treated the canvas as I would a regular paper background.  I think I may have to keep trying so more!  What do you think?
Thanks for stopping by :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie, I love it! What a gorgeous project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just full of gorgeousness!!! Love it to bits Nik!! Mixed media is certainly addictive...it is fun to get your hands all painted and inky. Can't wait to see what other creative beauties you come up with.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Nik, that's really really cool! You did a fantastic job. I haven't ever tried mixed media - I don't like getting too messy LOL LOL! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Nik, this is so beautiful!!! I look forward to seeing more of your amazing work. Chat soon xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a message.