Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Scrap that Poetry - Challenge #9

Scrap that Poetry - challenge #9


Ah, Yes! Love

by Clarence B. Campbell

 
Ah, yes! Love

Is peaches and honey, and figs, and cream,

And wild grapes dripping beside the stream,

Humming birds,

And a young man's dream!

Ah, yes! Love

Is bubbles and beauty and lantern light,

Music and madness and dizzy height,

Tender words,

And a star-filled night!



Ah, yes! Love

Is oceans and azure, and infinite skies,

Rubies and ivory, and fathomless eyes,

Where the bluebird springs

And sings as he flies!

Ah, yes! Love

Is whispers, and flickers, and candleshine,

Glances and trances, and deep, red wine,

And the moon-dust that clings

To the gossamer vine!



Ah, yes! Love

Is kisses, caresses, and sweet desire,

Prickles and shivers, and flashing fire,

And melodies

From a throbbing lyre!

Ah, yes! Love

Is silver, and roses, and gay champagne,

And the soft reprise of the April rain,

And memories

That will long remain!



This gorgeous poem is our first piece of inspiration for the month over at scrap that poetry. It was written by Jennifer's (STP - founder) grandfather-in-law. In Jennifer's own words...

"My husband gets his gift of poetry from his grandfather. I would like to pay tribute to the late Clarence Campbell by dedicating our Valentine's challenge poem to him. There are so many beautiful poems to choose from, but I chose this one because it is one of my husband's favorites! I hope you enjoy the poem and find inspiration in it as well!"

Here is my layout on this gorgeous poem. I used the title to inspire my piece and a wedding photo of Stef and I....I love how this has come together.



This challenge runs until February 14th at 10am EST! Please link up your entry to the comments section when you post! The winner will receive a RAK from Jessica P, one of the new DT members. She is giving away an amazing notebook/journal to the winner of this challenge.

So head on over and get creating. I can't wait to see some beautiful pieces of art!

Take care xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a message.